40 Cuban Proverbs
- 1. A lie runs until it is overtaken by the truth.
- 2. A lie runs until truth catches up to it.
- 3. A love that can last forever takes but a second to come about.
- 4. A man possesses beauty in his quality and a woman possesses quality in her beauty.
- 5. A woman's honor consists in the good opinion the world has of her.
- 6. Brief encounters can result in long relationships.
- 7. Cheese, wine, and a friend must be old to be good.
- 8. Coffee from the top of the cup and chocolate from the bottom.
- 9. Do not be excessively timid or excessively confident.
- 10. Do not run into debt with a rich man, or promise anything to a poor one.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|