7 Dominican Republic Proverbs
- 1. A good surgeon must have a hawk's eye, a lion's heart and a woman's hand.
- 2. Absence is the enemy of love; as the distance is from the eyes, so it is from the heart.
- 3. Don't be like the shadow: a constant companion, yet not a comrade.
- 4. If fate throws a knife at you, there are two ways of catching it: by the blade or by the handle.
- 5. It is a fine thing to command, though it be only a herd of cattle.
- 6. The devil always paints himself black, but we always see him rose-colored.
- 7. The way of this world is to praise dead saints and persecute living ones.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|