13 Duala Proverbs
- 1. A goat does not always graze in the same place.
- 2. A goat never grazes in the same place.
- 3. A monkey cannot dare what an elephant can.
- 4. Even if thin, the elephant remains the king of the forest.
- 5. Flies' legs, like the tongue of critics, land on whatever they find.
- 6. If a bird does not recognise a tree, it will not rest on it.
- 7. It is easier to transport a termite hill than have authority in a village.
- 8. One should not beg with a basket.
- 9. The corpse of a bird does not decompose in flight, but on the ground.
- 10. The heart is a locket that does not open easily.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|