12 Galician Proverbs
- 1. A church stone drops gold.
- 2. Friends and mules fail in hard trials.
- 3. He that is unkind to his own will not be kind to others.
- 4. He that is won with a nut, may be lost with an apple.
- 5. He who plays with a sword plays with the devil.
- 6. I see by my mother-in-law's eyes when the devil takes hold of her.
- 7. The bad neighbour gives a needle without thread.
- 8. The cow that does not eat with the oxen, either eats before or after them.
- 9. The devil is fond of his own.
- 10. The fox goes through the corn and does not eat, but brushes it down with his tail.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|