118 Icelandic Proverbs
- 1. A bad rower blames the oar.
- 2. A dog bites the stone, not him who throws it.
- 3. A fall bodes a lucky journey from the house but not toward it.
- 4. A fat woman warms the night.
- 5. A greasy kitchen; a will with not much in it.
- 6. A man too busy to take care of his health is like a farmer too lazy to plant his field.
- 7. A man without a book is blind.
- 8. A man yearns for his paradise but it could become his hell.
- 9. A man's will can be his paradise, but it can also be his hell.
- 10. A quarter depends on cultivation.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|