26 Tahitian Proverbs
- 1. A single roll of taro top is delicious if seasoned with affection.
- 2. Catch the bird but watch for the wave.
- 3. Every man is the builder of his own hut.
- 4. Goods given make quicker return than goods held.
- 5. He is not wise who places a stones on his own roof.
- 6. If dolphins swim toward Hilo, the sea will be calm; if the dolphins swim toward Ka'u, the ocean will be rough.
- 7. If you aim your spear at two fish, both will escape.
- 8. Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will make you sweat a lot.
- 9. In language there is life, in language there is death.
- 10. In the end, the well being of the pono, will be in the hands of the commoner.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|