17 West African Proverbs
- 1. A hare is like an ass in the length of its ears, yet it is not its son.
- 2. A talkative bird will not build a nest.
- 3. A tattler is war than a thief.
- 4. At the bottom of patience one finds heaven.
- 5. By crawling, a child learns to stand.
- 6. Earth is but a marketplace; heaven is home.
- 7. Everybody loves a fool, but nobody wants him for a son.
- 8. Everybody loves a lord.
- 9. Fear is no obstacle to death.
- 10. Not to know is bad; not to wish to know is worse.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|