63 Quotations by George Herbert
- 1. A dwarf on a giant's shoulders sees the further of the two.
- 2. A garden must be looked into, and dressed as the body.
- 3. A lean compromise is better than a fat lawsuit.
- 4. A little given seasonably excuses a great gift.
- 5. A man of great memory without learning hath a rock and a spindle and no staff to spin.
- 6. All is well with him who is beloved by his neighbors
- 7. Be thrifty, but not covetous.
- 8. Be useful where thou livest.
- 9. Better never begin than never make an end.
- 10. By all means use some times to be alone. Salute thyself; see what thy soul doth wear. Dare to look i ...
- 11. Dare to be true: nothing can need a lie;
- 12. Deceive not thy physician, confessor, nor lawyer.
- 13. Drink not the third glass, which thou canst not tame, when once it is within thee.
- 14. Every mile is two in winter.
- 15. Go not for every grief to the physician, nor for every quarrel to the lawyer, nor for every thirst t ...
- 16. Good words are worth much, and cost little.
- 17. He begins to die that quits his desires.
- 18. He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass if he would ever re ...
- 19. He that is not handsome at 20, nor strong at 30, nor rich at 40, nor wise at 50, will never be hands ...
- 20. He that knows nothing doubts nothing.
|George Herbert Quotes by Power Quotations|